Who we are (in case we've just met):
Sand Sailor Studio is an independent game development studio, founded in 2014 in Bucharest. Our story started by participating at Square Enix Collective with our first prototype for Black The Fall. The positive feedback empowered us to build a successful campaign on Kickstarter, which was followed by our participation at Execution Lab's accelerator program, where we decided to reshape our game. Since then we grew into a fizzy team of 8 and we're laser-focused on developing Black The Fall, planned to be launched beginning of 2017.
Who you are:
- You live and breathe video games and can talk about this industry for hours.
- You think analytically about game design, and you are someone who prefers to communicate through code. You love to create and have a strong desire to learn.
- You have a really good knowledge of common real-time 3D concepts like occlusion culling and the difference between textures, materials and shaders.
- You can work within time constraints, but you will never sacrifice quality. On top of this, you are comfortable working in cross-functional teams and can share insights and expectations with stakeholders and team members.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop game features on various platforms (PC, Xbox, PS, Mobile). We are really interested in platform specific skills needed for cross-platform game porting.
- Gather requirements, design solutions and implement robust code.
- Support in overseeing the schedule for various components of the project.
- Author and maintain relevant documentation.
- Develop and refine prototypes to confirm requirements.
- Program according to project plans (versions, sprints).
- Support release and post-release activities, such as support, versioning and maintenance.
- Collaborate with our game designers and visual artists.
- Peer review other team members’ code, and learn and adapt from peer reviews of your own code.
- Build an AMAZING game!
Desired skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience in 3D game development
- 2+ years of specific Unity 3D experience
- Mastery of C#, C++ or Objective-C
- Experience with SCMs (Git is our weapon of choice)
What we offer:
- A casual, fun and energetic work environment
- A challenging job with lots of responsibility and freedom to grow professionally and acquire new skills
- Endless supply of enthusiasm and opportunities to play (VR included)
Please send your online portfolio/CV with relevant professional experience as well as any side projects which showcase your passion for gaming and development at email@example.com.